It’s that time of year where we scratch our heads wondering why we chose to have kids. 🤔 Since the ability to travel back in time is still on our wish list, here are my tips on how to avoid the 5am little person wake-up. 1️⃣ Does your child like to sleep in, 8am or later (they do exist)? Yes ➡️ Then do nothing. They may wake at 7am, big woop. You don’t know early, trust me. They’ll get on the new time quickly. No ➡️ So a 5 or 6am wake-up is already your norm? I feel your pain. These kiddos need their schedules pushed forward so that they’ll be going to bed an hour later than usual come Saturday. Here’s how it should look; Current bedtime: 7pm Mon-Tues: 7:15pm Wed-Thurs: 7:30pm Frid: 7:45pm Sat: 8pm 2️⃣ The sun will be rising earlier now so make sure their room is nice and dark. 3️⃣ Expose them to lots of sunlight in the morning to help reset their biological clocks. 4️⃣ Go to bed EARLY! You may not be able to control the time you are woken up but you can always control your bedtime. Good luck to us all!
Recent Blog Posts
- How to create a Nap Superstar 🌟
- My New Year’s Resolutions
- Remember when “Fall Back” was a good thing?
- Back to school…back to early bedtimes
- That magical moment
- “I’m fine, I can handle it”
- My mom has a secret…I promised I wouldn’t tell…shhh!
- Safe sleep, it’s for a reason
- I’m here to help, not point the finger!
- Why Mothers Stay Up Late